The National Trust has announced a series of exciting night-time trail events across 12 locations in England. Beginning next month and running until April 2015, the events will be hosted in some of the most unique locations the National Trust looks after.
All the routes are 100% traffic free and are mostly on paths and trails rather than tarmac. The events will all be held in the evening, with participants being set off in waves using head torches to follow the trails, and will allow runners to make the most of the dark winter nights.
The series begins next at Osterley Park, near Isleworth, on 25 October, followed by an event at Longshaw, Derbyshire (31 October), and continues for six months at these locations:
- 15 November 2014 Saltram, near Plymouth, Devon
- 22 November 2014 Killerton, near Exeter, Devon
- 29 November 2014 Nostell Priory, near Wakefield, Yorkshire
- 20 December 2014 Tyntesfield, near Bristol, North Somerset
- 24 January 2015 Lyme Park, near Stockport, Cheshire
- 7 Febuary 2015 Plymbridge Woods, near Plympton, Devon
For more information, visit the National Trust Night Run event series website.