The current northernrunning guide.com poll asks what is your favourite treat after a hard race. The top response is a glass of wine/a beer. So it's a neat marketing move by the organisers of the various Rat Race events across the UK in 2011 to team up with Redwood Creek wines to offer sampling opportunities at their races.
The first opportunity to try Redwood Creek products was at the Horseplay 10K adventure run at Hambledon Estate on March 12 with the Mighty Deerstalker next on the itinerary today - Saturday, March 19.
In addition to sampling and selling wine at 12 Rat Race events this year, Redwood Creek will be creating some exciting dishes to match each wine at the five Green Belters and London Urban Adventure. Designed to complement the flavours of each individual wine, the dishes will be welcomed by exhausted and hungry runners.
The Rat Race team tells us that 'a bold, punchy glass of wine deserves the perfect accompanying adventurous food - whether it's the flavourful wild boar sausages, gamey venison or the sweet and tender buffalo burger.'
Redwood Creek will be offering wines to sample and purchase at discount prices at the following Rat Race events:
- The Mighty Deerstalker - March 19
- Traiblazer Clumber Park - May 7
- Traiblazer Begebury Forest - May 14
- Traiblazer Forest of Dean - May 22
- Green Belter Hambleden - May 28
- Green Belter Pippingford - June 4
- Green Belter Bedgebury - July 2
- Green Belter Scotland - July 16
- Green Belter Yorkshire - July 30
- London Rat Race - September 24/25
- Nottingham Men's Health Survival - October 9