Essar Chester Round The Walls Race
The Essar Chester Round the Walls race is one of the oldest races in the country, the Boxing Day running of this race being a near-constant event in the city since its inception in 1972.
The approximately 6km route this year starts on the Roodee with a short out and back section, then the runners climb the steps and run along the walls, over the Watergate and over the inner ring road and then descend down steps before crossing over the road at Northgate to ascend onto the walls again.
Passing the iconic Eastgate Clock, runners continue from Roman to Medieval sections of the walls and descend to street level at the River Dee in order to finish back at the racecourse.
|Race date||Thursday 26th December 2019|
|Venue||Race Course, Chester, Cheshire|
|Event website||Visit website|
Race details last updated on Monday 18th November 2019 a 8:59am.
- 2018 - Essar Chester Round The Walls Race results
- 2017 - Essar Chester Round The Walls Race results
- 2016 - Essar Chester Round the Walls Race results
- 2014 - Chester Round the Walls Race results
- 2012 - Chester Round the Walls Race 2012 Results
- 2011 - Shell Round the Walls Race 2011 results
- 2010 - ShellRoundTheResults
- 2009 - Shell round the walls race